Be a Force for Change in Your Classroom and School
Teacher Leader Certificate Program: 2023-24
Over the course of the Teacher Leader program, teachers will participate in over 30 hours of professional development that will include hands-on workshops, seminars on science education, and conversations with scientists and engineers at the Montshire and local organizations.
Sessions give teachers access to the museum’s resources, including staff and community expertise, curriculum resources, a 1-year individual museum membership, and exhibit areas.
Over the course of the school year, participating teachers will:
- Receive extensive professional development in STEM education
- Collaborate with other passionate educators from across the region
- Be coached and mentored by experts in STEM education
- Develop the skills and theoretical science understanding to support inquiry-based science education in your classrooms
- Infuse a culture of excitement for science learning in your school community
The Montshire’s education team will serve as the core faculty for this program. Each Montshire staff member will offer their depth and diversity of expertise in STEM education.
During the following school year (2024-2025), each participant is expected to share their experience in the Teacher Leader program through a STEM education professional development experience for their colleagues. This can occur during an in-service day, faculty meeting period, or at a regional or state-wide teacher conference within 1 year of completing the program.
A $300 stipend will be provided to each participating teacher to support food and any additional expenses for classroom use. Montshire will also reimburse participants for their travel separately.