Plan your visit: Explore more than 140 hands-on exhibits indoors and out, and experience a variety of engaging programs.
Summer Cafe: Now open in the Pavilion, offering sandwiches, salads, snacks and a wide variety of beverages available for purchase.
Museum Calendar: Review a listing of our daily events and programs.
Visitor Guide: Learn more about our indoor and outdoor exhibits.
Directions to the Museum: Find out how to get here by car or public transportation.
- The Museum’s first and second floors and bathrooms are entirely wheelchair accessible. Second-floor may be reached by elevator. Several outdoor exhibits and walking trails in the Quinn Nature Preserve are wheelchair accessible.
- Special admission and membership fees are offered to low-income families through the Warm Welcome program.
- It is our expectation that adults attend children at all times.
- No pets, except service animals, are permitted in the building or on the trails.
- The Museum building and Hughes Pavilion are smoke-free areas.
Awards and Recognition