Hours and admission
Open daily, 10am to 5pm, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Free for Members and children under 2 years of age.
• Regular rates – Adults: $16 \\ Children: $13
• Summer rates (June 23–September 3) – Adults: $18 \\ Children: $15
Discounts and special admission rates
$2 off general admission for US military service members, veterans, and their families. Limit 6 visitors.
Details on military and veteran discount.
Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive $2 off one-day admission for you and up to four guests.
Directions and Parking
The Montshire’s address is One Montshire Road, Norwich, VT 05055. Free parking is available at the Museum.
The Museum is conveniently located just off Interstate 91 at Exit 13 (look for the “Museum of Science” signs) in Norwich, Vermont, five miles north of White River Junction. The Museum is directly across the Connecticut River from Hanover, New Hampshire, home of Dartmouth College.
Public transportation options are available via Advance Transit buses, which stop at the top of Montshire Road each weekday (except major holidays). Advance Transit riders should plan for a five-minute walk from the bus stop to the Museum entrance.
- The Museum’s first and second floors and bathrooms are entirely wheelchair accessible. Second-floor may be reached by elevator. Several outdoor exhibits and walking trails in the Quinn Nature Preserve are wheelchair accessible.
- Special admission and membership fees are offered to low-income families through the Warm Welcome program.
- It is our expectation that adults attend children at all times.
- No pets, except service animals, are permitted in the building or on the trails.
- The Museum building and Hughes Pavilion are smoke-free areas.