Hours and admission
Open daily, 10am to 5pm, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Free for Members and children under 2 years of age.
• Regular rates – Adults: $16 \\ Children: $13
• Summer rates (Late June–Labor Day) – Adults: $18 \\ Children: $15
Discounts and special admission rates
$2 off general admission for US military service members, veterans, and their families. Limit 6 visitors.
Details on military and veteran discount.
Sign up for our e-newsletter to receive $2 off one-day admission for you and up to four guests.
Directions and Parking
The Montshire’s address is One Montshire Road, Norwich, VT 05055. Free parking is available at the Museum.
The Museum is conveniently located just off Interstate 91 at Exit 13 (look for the “Museum of Science” signs) in Norwich, Vermont, five miles north of White River Junction. The Museum is directly across the Connecticut River from Hanover, New Hampshire, home of Dartmouth College.
Public transportation options are available via Advance Transit buses, which stop at the top of Montshire Road each weekday (except major holidays). Advance Transit riders should plan for a five-minute walk from the bus stop to the Museum entrance.
At the Montshire, we believe that joyful moments of learning and discovery should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we’ve taken care to expand access and to ensure that the experiences we offer are relevant, comfortable, and welcoming for all visitors.
Visit our Museum Accessibility page for more information.
- It is our expectation that adults attend children at all times.
- No pets, except service animals, are permitted in the building or on the trails.
- The Museum building and Hughes Pavilion are smoke-free areas.
The Montshire trails are currently suitable for hiking.
Please note that the Woodland Garden is closed for the winter.