The Montshire offers a variety of day camp programs for preschoolers to 6th graders, with exciting opportunities to explore, learn, and play.
Each week is thoughtfully designed to create a unique camp experience that includes hands-on exploration, experiments, careful observation, quiet and active times, games, water play, and more.
Montshire Summer Camps, 2021
What makes Montshire Summer Camp a seasonal favorite? The highly-trained staff, terrific programs, great facilities, and the low camper-to-staff ratio.
Experience the joy of science through our engaging lessons, unique spaces for learning, and an enthusiastic staff.
Montshire Summer Camp Staff
Montshire Summer Camps maintain a low camper-to-instructor ratio (ranging from 4:1 for our preschool program to 6:1 for our camps for older children), ensuring individual attention is given to each camper.
Our college-aged or older staff members are well-trained and knowledgeable, with a variety of interests and experiences, and a love of working with children. Each staff member undergoes extensive training with the Montshire’s full-time science educators, and is proficient in safety and first-aid procedures.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. Programs fill quickly so register early! You will have the opportunity to become a member on the online registration form if you so wish.
Montshire Member Benefits
- Pre-registration privileges for Montshire Summer Camp through February 23
- Save $25 to $40 on summer camp registration fees
- Unlimited visits to the Museum for 12 months
Save When You Register for More than One Summer Camp Session
- Save $15 when you register for two weeks
- Cancellations made before May 22: Receive a full refund, minus a $40 administrative fee
- Cancellations made after May 22 and up to three weeks prior to the camp session’s start date: Receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations made less then 3 weeks before a programs start date: Not eligible for a refund.
- COVID-19 contingency: Cancellations made after May 22 due to changing federal, state and institutional COVID-19 regulations, travel restrictions and illness will be considered on a case by case basis and may be eligible for an additional refund amount.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Due to the unique health situation this year, it is important that families are aware and comfortable with our health and safety requirements before registering your child for camp. As we receive additional guidance from the State of Vermont, we will update these guidelines and notify camp families.
Scholarships for Montshire Summer Camp are made possible by donors to the Montshire Auction’s “Fund a Need” program and donors to the Montshire Annual Fund.
Information on applying for a scholarship is included on the registration form or can be found here.
Summer camp scholarships are made possible with sponsorship support from Bio X Cell.
Pre-order a camp t-shirt as a memento of your child’s week at the Montshire!
T-shirts are available for $18 when you register and your child will receive them during their camp. A small number of shirts will also be available in the Museum Store for $23.99, though sizes may be limited.
Extended Care Option
Due to space restrictions related to COVID-19, we will not be offering an extended option this year.
Additional information about Montshire Camp:
Experiment, explore, and discover the amazing outdoors!View
Explore the world, make amazing discoveries, and build new friendships!View
Summer is all about exploring, nature, experimenting and inventing!View
Calling all inventors!View