Camp enrollment is closed.
Enrolled in camp for 2022?
Health and Safety Guidelines
Please review our Montshire Summer Camp Health and Safety Guidelines for this year’s camp. Please note that these measures may change over time, based on recommendations from the State of Vermont and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will adjust and communicate accordingly.
Use our Social Narrative to see what a day at Montshire Summer Camp is really like:
What to bring to camp:
- Lunch and mid-morning snack. Lunch boxes should fit in a daypack. Please include a small bag for lunch trash, as we practice a carry in/carry out policy.
- Small water bottle. We always have extra water at our campsites to refill.
- Wear sneakers or other shoes appropriate for running and exploring to camp. No flip-flops or Crocs, please.
- Raincoat. No umbrellas please. Boots optional. We do activities outside in rainy weather. In the case of thunderstorms or other severe weather we will bring the children inside.
- Camp clothes. Clothes your child can get dirty are the best. You may want to include a hat.
- Masks are encouraged indoors but not required.
- Swimsuit, towel and water shoes. Water shoes are required when swimming or exploring.
- Bug repellent & sunscreen (optional). We always have extra sunscreen but do not provide bug repellent.
- Daypack for the listed items. Please leave other items at home.
Have further questions?
About Montshire Summer Camp
The Montshire offers a variety of day camps for preschoolers to 9th graders, with exciting opportunities for learning, exploration, and discovery.
Each week is thoughtfully designed to create a unique camp experience that includes hands-on exploration, experiments, careful observation, quiet and active times, games, water play, and more.
Montshire Summer Camp Staff
Montshire Summer Camps maintain a low camper-to-instructor ratio (ranging from 4:1 for our preschool program to 6:1 for our camps for older children), ensuring individual attention is given to each camper.
Our college-aged or older staff members are well-trained and knowledgeable, with a variety of interests and experiences, and a love of working with children. Each staff member undergoes extensive training with the Montshire’s full-time science educators, and is proficient in safety and first-aid procedures.
2022 Summer Camp T-shirt
(t-shirt color is not final and may change)
To purchase a summer camp t-shirt, select the option to purchase a t-shirt when completing your enrollment form.
If you would like to purchase a t-shirt after you’ve submitted your enrollment form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Montshire at (802) 649-2200 during office hours (Monday to Friday, 10am–5pm).
Summer camp t-shirts will also be available for sale in limited quantities at the Museum Store.
Extended Care Option
Extended care is available for full day camps located on site at the Montshire, from 3pm to 5pm.
Extended care is NOT available for campers ages 4-5 and entering Kindergarten, or for campers enrolled in our off-site sessions: Water Worlds at Hanover and Aquatic Explorers in Hanover.
Extended Care Pricing
- $75 per camp session
- $60 for camp sessions occuring July 5–8
Refund Policy: Cancellations made before May 27 receive a full refund, minus a $40 administrative fee. Cancellations made after May 27, and up to three weeks prior to the camp session’s start date, will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 3 weeks before a camp session’s start date are not eligible for a refund.
COVID-19 contingency: Cancellations made after May 27 due to changing federal, state, and institutional COVID-19 regulations, travel restrictions, and illness will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be eligible for an additional refund amount.