What makes Montshire Summer Camp the best science and nature camp in the Upper Valley? The highly-trained staff, terrific programs, great facilities, and the low camper-to-staff ratio.
The majority of Montshire Summer Camps are based outdoors at Montshire’s 100-acre campus in Norwich, Vermont. We also offer programs at the Ray School and Storrs Pond in Hanover, New Hampshire and at Crossroads Academy in Lyme, New Hampshire.
Montshire Summer Camp Staff
Montshire Summer Camps maintain a low camper-to-instructor ratio (ranging from 4:1 for our preschool program to 6:1 for our camps for older children) ensuring individual attention is given to each camper.
Our college-aged or older staff members are well-trained and knowledgeable, with a variety of interests and experiences, and a love of working with children. Each staff member undergoes extensive training with the Montshire’s full-time science educators, and is proficient in safety and first-aid procedures.
Applications are processed in the order they are received. Programs fill quickly so register early! You will have the opportunity to become a member on the online registration form if you so wish.
- Enjoy pre-registration privileges for Montshire Summer Camp through February 16
- Save $25 to $50 on summer camp registration fees
- Unlimited visits to the Museum for 12 months
Save when you register your child for more than one session of summer camp.
- Save $15 when you register for two weeks
- Save $30 when you register for three weeks
- Cancellations made before May 16 will receive a full refund minus a $40 processing fee per camp session.
- Cancellations made after May 16, and up to three weeks prior to the camp session’s start date, will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than three weeks prior to the start of the session.
Summer Camp T-Shirts
A Montshire Camp T-shirt is a special memento of your child’s week at camp.
Shirts may be pre-ordered with your registration for $18.
A limited number of camp T-shirts will be available during the summer in the Museum Store for $23.99 for those who do not pre-order.
Extended Care Option
With the Extended Care Option, your child may be dropped off at the Museum as early as 8:15am and picked up as late as 5:15pm. This is supervised but unstructured play. Available only for children entering grades 1–8 and enrolled in programs held at the Montshire site.
- $75/week for programs that end at 3pm
- $45/week for programs that end at 4pm
At the Crossroads site, extended care is included in the registration fee. Drop-off may occur as early as 8am and pick-up must be by 5pm.
No extended option for preschool programs or programs at the Hanover/Ray School site.
Scholarships for Montshire Summer Camp are made possible by donors to the Montshire Auction’s “Fund a Need” program, and donors to the Montshire Fund.
Complete these forms and be a part of the Montshire Summer Camps!