The Montshire Museum of Science has an endowment of approximately $8 million that provides a stream of annual revenue to support Montshire exhibits and programs. Growing the endowment is a strategic priority of the Museum’s leadership because a stronger financial foundation will empower the Museum to advance science education, while achieving greater long-term stability. Annual income withdrawn from the endowment is determined by an endowment spending formula approved by the Montshire’s Board of Trustees and Investment Committee.
Endowment gifts of all levels are welcome and sincerely appreciated. Unrestricted gifts support the most pressing priorities.
Leadership gifts may be designated to key priorities of the Museum, and may offer high-profile naming opportunities:
- Exhibit development and visiting exhibitions
- Exhibits and programs related to ecology and the environment
- Scholarships for educational programs
- Museum access for families in need
- Outreach to schools
- Special initiatives of the Museum Director
- Key leadership positions, such as Executive Director, Director of Education and Director of Exhibits