Experience the joy of discovery with your group by planning a visit to the Montshire Museum of Science. Engage with STEM-based exhibits and explore the possibilities of science — from the wonder of bubbles and the power of wind to the beauty of nature and the excitement of live animals.
Please review our visitor guidelines to help ensure a safe and healthy visit.
- A ratio of 1:4 adult to children is required. Chaperone names are needed when you submit your reservation request.
- A minimum of 10 people is required for the group rate; maximum is currently 25.
- We can accept two groups per day with staggered arrival times: one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Groups will break into smaller subgroups (1 adult and 4 youth) to navigate the exhibits in order to better maintain safe distance between other Museum visitors.
- Eating and drinking is permitted outdoors only. No eating and drinking is allowed inside the building.
- Masks are required for all visitors, ages 3 and up.
- Payment will be submitted upon arrival by check, cash, or credit card. Some organizations (e.g. schools) may qualify to be invoiced.
- Reservation requests must be received via online form at least one week prior to anticipated visit date.
|May 1—June 11
||$8 for all visitors in group, if visiting on a school day; $14 per adult, $11 per child, if visiting on a non-school day
|June 12—Sept 7
||$15.50 per adult, $12.50 per child
Note: The Montshire does not offer free admission to members when they visit as part of a group.
Ready to visit? Submit your group reservation request. Your request will be processed and confirmed via email.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Once your reservation is confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email along with links to the Group Leader Checklist and Chaperone Information Sheet. These will help you plan and organize your visit, including breaking up the group into smaller subgroups and creating a path for each group through all the exhibits (click here to see an example).
- Please review the Montshire’s visitor guidelines regarding health and safety protocols here, and see a map of the Museum in our Visitor Guide here.
What to Expect at Your Visit
- A Montshire Explainer will greet your group upon arrival in front of the Museum building.
- The group leader will check in at the Admission Desk and pay for everyone in the group. Each visitor will receive a sticker to place on or near their name tag to help Montshire staff identify each person as part of the group.
- Once the group is checked in, each smaller subgroup will begin their visit, stopping at the coat room or restroom en route to their designated starting place in the Museum.
- We expect adult supervision and engagement with the group throughout the visit.
- Visiting the Museum Store? We recommend staggering visits to the store throughout the day to ensure everyone has time to shop; Montshire staff are happy to keep purchases at the front desk to be picked up before the group departs.
- As a bonus, each young person visiting receives a pass to return to the Montshire for free with a paying adult.