Group Visits at the Montshire
Experience the joy of discovery with your group by planning a visit to the Montshire Museum of Science. Engage with STEM-based exhibits and explore the possibilities of science — from the wonder of bubbles and the power of wind to the beauty of nature and the excitement of live animals.
Please review our visitor guidelines to help ensure a safe and healthy visit.
- A ratio of 1:8 adult to children is required.
- A minimum of 10 people is required for the group rate.
- Eating and drinking is permitted outdoors only. No eating and drinking is currently allowed inside the building.
- Masks are required for all visitors, ages 3 and up.
- Payment will be submitted upon arrival by check, cash, or credit card. Some organizations (e.g. schools) may qualify to be invoiced.
- Reservation requests must be received via online form at least one week prior to anticipated visit date.
For visiting on most school days, please visit our Visit with Students page for options and fees.
For weekend and school holiday periods the following pricing applies.
|Weekends and School Vacation days from September 7-June 19||$12 per child, $15 per adult|
|June 20-September 5||$13 per child, $16 per adult|
Note: The Montshire does not offer free admission to members when they visit as part of a group.
Ready to visit? Submit your group reservation request. Your request will be processed and confirmed via email.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Once your reservation is confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email.
- Please review the Montshire’s visitor guidelines regarding health and safety protocols, as well as a map of the Museum, in our Visitor Guide.
What to Expect at Your Visit
- A Montshire Explainer will greet your group upon arrival in front of the Museum building.
- The group leader will check in at the Admission Desk and pay for everyone in the group. Each visitor will receive a sticker to place on or near their name tag to help Montshire staff identify each person as part of the group.
- Visiting the Museum Store? We recommend staggering visits to the store throughout the day to ensure everyone has time to shop; Montshire staff are happy to keep purchases at the front desk to be picked up before the group departs.
- As a bonus, each young person visiting receives a pass to return to the Montshire for free with a paying adult.