Air Works: Selected Exhibits
Featuring select interactive pieces from the popular exhibition Air Works, this experience will help flex engineering muscles, strengthen the understanding of core scientific concepts, and spark the imaginations of all ages.
- Explore a whimsical pneumatic air system that combines air tubes, high-performance air systems, interactive diverter boxes, and soaring air pathways of all shapes and sizes.
- Send objects through a two-story, three-dimensional maze by controlling the flow of air from one location to another.
- Experiment with air lift by testing items of varying materials and weights on a hover table.
- Examine cause and effect through inflation and deflation by using an air-powered chain reaction machine.
- Play music on a specially designed organ made of bottles
The Museum collaborated with educator Becky Lindsay and artist Leonard Solomon to create two extraordinary experiences in this exhibition. Lindsay, the Creative Director of the educational organization MindSplash, specially customized their signature A-Mazing Airways exhibit for the Montshire. This whimsical piece is a pneumatic air system that combines air tubes, high-performance air systems, interactive diverter boxes, and soaring air pathways of all shapes and sizes for a mesmerizing learning experience. Musician and inventor Solomon created an air-operated Bottle Organ to provide a memorable and enchanting lesson on the use of air in making music.