M@H: Virtual Workshop Series is a multi-week virtual learning program, designed to engage learners in hands-on inquiry at home.
Participants each receive a kit of uniquely chosen materials and supplies that support weekly inquiry-based activities focused on a STEM content theme. Montshire Educators provide live, on-screen engagement, where children are encouraged to share in their learning process and make discoveries with fellow learners, as well as weekly activities and prompts for off-screen exploration and extension of learning.
From stripes on a crosswalk to stripes on a zebra, we live in a world of patterns. In this three-part maker-based series, we will explore the science, beauty and utility of patterns. Projects include creating patterned paper with found objects, making origami structures with unique materials, and exploring the hidden patterns in our daily lives by collecting and displaying our own data in creative and visual ways. Materials will be provided and the workshop will be conducted via Zoom.
- Tuesdays, December 1, 8, and 15 (3-week session)
- Ages 6–8
- Limit 6 participants
Full scholarships available for Warm Welcome Members
- Pre-registration at least 7 days in advance of program start-date.
- Kits for pre-registered families will be available for pick up at the Museum Store of Montshire Museum of Science 7 days prior to the program start date. If you are unable to pick up your kit, we can mail kits for a $15 shipping and handling fee.
- During the workshop, a Museum Educator will lead learners through activities via Zoom.
- Zoom links will be sent to registered participants a few days prior to the workshop.