M@H: Virtual Workshop Series is a multi-week virtual learning program, designed to engage learners in hands-on inquiry at home.
Montshire Educators provide live, on-screen engagement, where children are encouraged to share in their learning process and make discoveries with fellow learners, as well as weekly activities and prompts for off-screen exploration and extension of learning.
Become a better observer of the natural world, using photography as your tool! Explore how changing your perspective and framing can alter what you notice and what you are able to encourage others to notice. Stretch yourself to capture new things and engage in supportive critique sessions to refine your practice! We will use photo-editing software to manipulate our art into something all-together new. Each student will be encouraged to choose a compelling theme, special item or place in nature to document through a series of photographs as a culminating project. Students will need the following:
- A device to take pictures (e.g. digital camera, phone, or tablet)
- A way to transfer photos to the computer being used to engage with the class for sharing and critique
- Access to photo editing and altering program of choice (we are happy to help you identify the best free app or program to meet your technical needs and requirements)
- Wednesdays, January 6-27 (4-week workshop)
- Ages 11-14
- Limited to 6 participants