M@H: Virtual Workshop Series is a multi-week virtual learning program, designed to engage learners in hands-on inquiry at home.
Participants each receive a kit of uniquely chosen materials and supplies that support weekly inquiry-based activities focused on a STEM content theme, while Montshire Educators provide live, on-screen engagement.
Create your own insect art using a different medium each week from wire sculpting to felting.
Learn about the intricate beauty, anatomy, and adaptations of insects during this three week series.
Learn about the intricate beauty, anatomy, and adaptations of insects during this three week series as we meet the museum’s live insect collection up close on your screen, examine examples of different artists’ work, and best off all create your own insect art using a different medium each week from wire sculpting to felting. All the art supplies (minus those large live insects) are included in your science kit.
- Mondays, December 6 - December 20 (3-week workshop)
- 1:00pm - 2:15pm
- Ages 9–12
- Fees: Members $90, non-members $105
- Limited to 7 participants
- Pre-registration at least 7 days in advance of program start-date.
- Kits for pre-registered families will be available for pick up at the Museum Store of Montshire Museum of Science 7 days prior to the program start date.If you are unable to pick up your kit, we can mail kits for a $15 shipping and handling fee.
- During the workshop, a Museum Educator will lead learners through activities via Zoom.
- Zoom links will be sent to registered participants a few days prior to the workshop.