Montshire Birthday Party Guidelines
Planning a birthday party? With some advance planning, we would be happy to welcome your group!
The Montshire’s Porter Community Room is a shared space that may be used for your party from September through early June. Monday through Friday, the room is generally available between 11:30am and 1:30pm, and on Saturdays and Sundays, between 11am and 2pm.
If you have confirmed the room’s availability, you are welcome to use this space for a birthday party by following these guidelines:
- Please call 72 hours (three days) ahead to verify room availability and make a reservation.
- You may use one or two 8-foot tables for your party.
- Lit candles or other flames are not allowed.
- Balloons are not allowed.
- We request a 5:1 child to adult ratio.
- If you have 10 or more non-members attending and have confirmed room availability, you may qualify for a discounted group rate. You must complete this form to receive the admission discount.
- Please be conscious of others using this shared space and limit your use of the tables to the time necessary for food, cake, etc.
- For a fee, you may reserve the Community Room at certain times. Read here for details on renting Museum space.
During the summer months, the Hughes Pavilion in Science Park is available for birthday parties, following the same guidelines. The Pavilion is open from 10am to 5pm. The Community Room is not available during the summer.
Birthday Party Favors
The Museum Store offers party favor bags for your birthday gathering, whether it takes place at the Museum or at home. Learn more by contacting our Museum Store.