Welcome to the Montshire!
The Montshire is open with limited capacity. Reservations are required. Please reserve your tickets before your visit!
To ensure a safe, engaging, and flexible learning environment, please review our ticketing process and visitor policies.
Montshire staff and visitors are required to wear face masks for everyone’s health and safety. Masks are required at the Museum. No exceptions.
Tickets can be reserved up to six days in advance.
On May 14, 2021, the Governor of Vermont lifted travel restrictions for out-of-state visitors. Welcome to the Montshire!
The Montshire is open Tuesdays through Sundays, 10am to 5pm.
- Tickets must be purchased or reserved in advance for a morning arrival (10am–1pm) or afternoon arrival (1–5pm).
- You may arrive at any time during the session you have chosen, and you may stay as long as you wish until the Museum closes at 5pm.
- We will be closed to the public on Mondays.
June 1 through September 5
- $18 for adults
- $15 for children 2–17
- Free for members and children under 2 years of age.
September through June
- $16 for adults
- $13 for children 2–17
- Free for members and children under 2 years of age.
Discounts and Special Admission Rates
$2 off general admission for US military service members, veterans, and their families. Limit 6 visitors.
Details on military and veteran discount.
All visitors, including members, must pre-register for a visit to the Montshire to ensure that visitors can maintain social distancing. Tickets can be purchased up to five days in advance.
1. Enter your name and contact information.
2. Choose a date to visit, and a time frame in which to arrive.
3. Enter the total number of visitors in your party, including children under age 2. The form will adjust the pricing as you answer each of the questions.
4. Check the appropriate box(es) to tell us who is visiting.
5. If you are a member, enter your group size (as allowed by your membership), and your membership ID number (found on your membership card and emailed to you on June 22, 2020).
6. If you are not a member, tell us if and how many children are visiting with you so that the pricing can be adjusted.
7. Carefully review the Visitor Guidelines. Check the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the Visitor Guidelines and that you agree to be contacted by the Vermont Department of Health for contact tracing purposes, if necessary.
8. Enter your payment information and submit the form. You will receive confirmation by email.
Directions and Parking
The Montshire’s address is One Montshire Road, Norwich, VT 05055. Free parking is available at the Museum.
The Museum is conveniently located just off Interstate 91 at Exit 13 (look for the “Museum of Science” signs) in Norwich, Vermont, five miles north of White River Junction. The Museum is directly across the Connecticut River from Hanover, New Hampshire, home of Dartmouth College.
Public transportation options are available via Advance Transit buses, which stop at the top of Montshire Road each weekday (except major holidays). Advance Transit riders should plan for a five-minute walk from the bus stop to the Museum entrance.
At the Montshire, we believe that joyful moments of learning and discovery should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we’ve taken care to expand access and to ensure that the experiences we offer are relevant, comfortable, and welcoming for all visitors.
Visit our Museum Accessibility page for more information.
Ensuring A Healthy Visit
We are eager to see you, and we want to ensure the health and safety of everyone at the Museum. We respectfully ask that all visitors follow our policies. Visitors must not enter the Montshire building or grounds if they are unwell or experiencing any symptoms of illness.
Arriving for Your Visit
When you arrive at the Museum, one person should approach the admissions desk and confirm your registration. There is a waiting area for the rest of your household.
Face Coverings and Masks
Visitors ages three and up are required to wear a face mask when inside the building. Face masks must be worn outside when interacting with Museum staff or other visitors.
Practice Healthy Hand Hygiene
We ask that all visitors wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry and frequently throughout their visit. We have increased the availability of hand-washing and hand-sanitizing stations throughout our building and grounds.
Maintain Social Distance
Please be sure that everyone in your group stays six feet or more away from other visitors or Museum staff. Restrooms are now gender inclusive and posted for single person/family use.
Stay Together with Your Group
Visitor groups must stay together. One group per exhibit. Children must stay with their adults at all times.
Limit Contact with Surfaces
Personal items must be kept with visitors at all times. Eating and drinking are not permitted inside the Museum building.
- It is our expectation that adults attend children at all times.
- No pets, except service animals, are permitted in the building or on the trails.
- Smoking is permitted in the parking lot only.
Montshire Visitor Guide
Review our visitor guide to learn more about current exhibitions and experiences at the Montshire.
Announcing the Anderson Center!
The Anderson Center is the Montshire’s new community space, designed to offer a more accessible and inclusive experience.
This modern museum hub includes gender inclusive restrooms, a more spacious coat room, and a renovated Community Room for education programs and special events. Enjoy an even more comfortable Montshire experience with our new amenities!