Montshire STEM Alliance
The Montshire believes that long-term relationships are at the heart of sustainable change and growth in instructional practice. Therefore, our work with schools is rooted in partnership between and among school leaders, teachers, and the museum’s expertise and educational resources. Working across a school or district, our education team supports individual teachers to plan and implement inquiry-based science and engineering units, aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), while supporting school leadership to align and track goals and priorities with regard to science learning.
The STEM Alliance will provide all Alliance Members with:
- Collaborative professional development workshops that dive deeply into an grade-level specific NGSS-aligned curricular topic
- School-wide professional development workshops around topics related to inquiry and science skill development
- One on one coaching for individuals or teacher teams
- Curriculum kits and teacher guides curated and designed to support classroom engagement in NGSS-aligned science content units
- Science workshops for the students in your school.
Montshire STEM Teacher-Leader Certificate Program
Teachers can also participate in the Montshire STEM (M-STEM) Teacher-Leader Certificate Program — a professional development program designed to support a network of classroom teachers who have the tools, knowledge, and passion to become leaders for STEM education in their schools.