Montshire MakersRegister Online
Design, create, and build something cool—a robot that draws, an electronic blinky bug, tessellating designs. You’ll have a chance to use your imagination and sharpen your neurons. Sign-up for one session, or all of them, or just drop in. Each month will explore a different topic. Fridays 6:30–8 p.m. For Youth in Grades 6–9, pre-registration encouraged.
Pre-registration Fee: Members: $8, non-members: $10; Registration at the Door: members: $12; non-members: $15.
Montshire Maker Dates and Topics:
• September 8: Learn to Solder – Learn this essential skill and make a wire sculpture.
• October 6: Hats ON – Engineer a chic chapeau in time for Halloween.
• November 17: Paper Circuits – Experiment with paper sculpture and circuitry to make a pop up card or other paper structure.
• December 1: Eraser Stamps – Carve your own rubber stamps to create wrapping paper or fun gifts.
• January 5: Chain Reactions – Beat the clock to create a massive chain reaction machine.
• February 2: Stop Motion Animation – Use our iPads or bring your own to write and produce a stop-motion tale.
• March 2: Motors, Motors, Motors – Learn about some fun things to do with motors and invent your own contraption
• April 6: Frankenstuffies – One of our most popular topics! Create a stuffed animal out of your dreams (or nightmares!) with our supply of plush creatures, LEDs, conductive thread, and coin batteries.