Montshire MakersRegister Online
Design, create, and build something cool—a robot that draws, an electronic blinky bug, tessellating designs. You’ll have a chance to use your imagination and sharpen your neurons.
Sign-up for one session, or all of them, or just drop in. Each month will explore a different topic. Fridays 6:30–8 p.m. For Youth in Grades 6–9, pre-registration encouraged.
Pre-registration Fee: Members: $8, non-members: $10; Registration at the Door: members: $12; non-members: $15.
*PLEASE NOTE SPECIAL PRICING AND DETAILS FOR MAKERS AT THE HOP (12/7/18)*
Montshire Maker Dates and Topics:
• October 5: Frankenstuffies – One of our most popular topics! Create a stuffed animal out of your dreams (or nightmares!) with our supply of plush creatures, LEDs, conductive thread, and coin batteries.
• November 2: Chain Reaction – Use your engineering skills to beat the clock to create a massive chain reaction machine.
• *December 7: MAKERS AT THE HOP: Balance Sculptures* (Makers session is 6:15–7:45pm; Cirque Mechanics performance starts at 8pm)
This very special Makers will take place at the Hopkins Center for the Arts and includes a ticket to the Cirque Mechanics performance, 42FT—A Menagerie of Mechanical Marvels. Before the show, experiment with the science of balance and play by using unique paper and metal materials to create a work of art that balances. Pre-registration is required and will close on November 25. This session has a special price of $15 for members and $18 for nonmembers. Price includes a Makers session and a youth ticket to 42FT—A Menagerie of Mechanical Marvels.
• January 11: Circuit Blocks – Help us build a new tinkering activity to be used in programs and workshops here at the Montshire. Soldering skills helpful, but not necessary-- we will teach you!
• February 1: Mold Casting – Using food-safe molding material, create your own mold for chocolates.
• March 1: Stop Motion Animation – Use our iPads or bring your own to write and produce a stop-motion tale.
• April 5: Cardboard Construction – Get creative and build a city of cardboard!