Membership Options for Grandparents
You live nearby, and so do the grandchildren
Your grandchildren want to visit, and so do you—but you may not always want to visit together…
- Two Memberships—We want to keep in touch with you and with your grandchildren’s household! Two memberships ensure that both households have full membership benefits. (Each household can buy a membership separately, or you can give one as a gift.)
- Gift Membership plus Caregiver Card—As a grandparent, you can buy a Gift Membership for your adult children with an associated Caregiver Card for yourself, which enables you to bring your grandchildren without the members (parents) coming along. Without your own membership, however, you must pay admission when visiting alone or with others.
- Gift Membership plus Passbook—Passbooks offer you a discount (up to $60) on 12 admissions and they never expire. You can accompany your grandchildren and receive discounted admission.
- Donor-Level Membership—With a gift of $200 or more, you will have a Six-Person Membership for yourself plus 10 guest passes to share with your grandchildren if they visit the Museum without you.
The grandkids live too far away, and they visit just a few weeks per year
- Membership plus Passbook—You will have full membership benefits, plus 12 discounted admission passes for your adult children and grandchildren. The passes never expire, and you do not need to accompany family members when they use the passes.
- Membership plus Two-Day Pass—Again, you will have full membership benefits and your grandchildren can visit twice in a 10-day period for 25% off the regular admission fee. No need to plan ahead!
- Gift Membership plus Caregiver Card— As a grandparent, you can buy a Gift Membership for your adult children with an associated Caregiver Card for yourself, which enables you to bring your grandchildren without the members (parents) coming along. Without your own membership, however, you must pay admission when visiting alone or with others.
You don’t live near Montshire, but the grandchildren do
You want them to enjoy the Museum year-round, and you’d like to come along when you visit…
- Gift Membership—Choose a membership size large enough so you can visit with the whole family. If you bring the grandchildren without your adult children, you only need to pay the admission fee for yourself.
- Gift Membership plus Caregiver Card— As a grandparent, you can buy a Gift Membership for your grandchildren’s household with an associated Caregiver Card for yourself. This enables you to bring your grandchildren without the members (parents) coming along.
Guidelines and considerations
Montshire Memberships are priced for a single household. Your membership benefits cannot be applied to your adult children or grandchildren unless 1) they live in your household, or 2) they visit with you as your guests.
Note: If you are a member, you can register your grandchildren for Montshire Summer Camp at the member rate.
Caregiver Cards are a great value—just $25, and valid for the duration of the associated membership. One or two caregivers may be listed on the card. (Caregiver Cards are only for member households that have children under the age of 18 living in them.)
Montshire’s “Two-Person Membership” is priced for one or two people, to offer maximum flexibility. If you have two grandparents (or any two adults) in your household, you can put both names on the membership card. If you live alone, you may opt to visit with a guest. We hope you’ll take advantage of opportunities for quiet reflection as well as lively exploration with extended family and friends.