Field Trips and Workshops at the Museum
The Museum offers several popular options allowing you to customize your field trip experience to best meet your educational goals. A School Group Visit allows you and your students to explore the Museum’s many exhibits, inside and out. A visit of 1.5–2 hours allows students to explore exhibits at their own pace and interest levels. Museum Explainers are on hand to enrich the experience with special demonstrations during your visit.
View Montshire's featured exhibition schedule.
Many teachers select to add an hour-long hands-on science workshop to fit their curricular needs through the Museum’s VisitPlus program. Our VisitPlus workshops are developed and taught by the Museum’s professional education staff. These model lessons incorporate the best in inquiry-based education practices and take advantage of the Museum’s extensive science teaching resources to help your students gain insight into the scientific process while building their scientific knowledge.
Looking to plan a visit? Please review our Preparing for Your Visit page for important information for group visits.
Fees for 2016/2017 School Year
|School Day Group Visit (without workshop)|
|September 6–December 23||$6.00/person|
|Winter Special: January 3–February 17||$3.00/person|
|March 6–April 14||$6.00/person|
|May 1–June 23||$7.50/person|
|Visit Plus Package (workshop and Museum admission)|
|September 6–December 23||$9.25||$6.00||$140|
|Winter Special: January 3–February 17||$7.00||$3.00||$85|
|March 6–April 14||$9.25||$6.00||$140|
|May 1–June 23||$10.00||$7.50||$150|
- VisitPlus minimum fee/workshop: $140 ($85 during Winter Special).
- Minimum of 10 people to receive group rate.
- School Day Group rates are not available during the following school break periods: December 24–January 2, February 18–March 5, April 15–30, June 24–August 27.
- All reservation requests, including online, will be confirmed based on availability.
- The Museum reserves the right to cancel or reschedule group reservations and programs due to outstanding circumstances.
- For more information please call 802-649-2200 (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.) or email email@example.com