M@H: Virtual Workshop Series is a multi-week virtual learning program, designed to engage learners in hands-on inquiry at home.
Participants each receive a kit of uniquely chosen materials and supplies that support weekly inquiry-based activities focused on a STEM content theme. Montshire Educators provide live, on-screen engagement, where children are encouraged to share in their learning process and make discoveries with fellow learners, as well as weekly activities and prompts for off-screen exploration and extension of learning.
Join us in our Mini-Makers program all about the science of light and shadows, mirrors and reflections.
This three-part virtual program is for children ages 4-5 and an adult to explore and experiment together. Using a variety of special materials that we provide, each mini-maker will use their imagination to create everything from kaleidoscopes to shadow puppets. Materials will be provided and the program will be conducted via Zoom.
- Workshop will meet Mondays & Wednesdays, November 30–December 16 (3-week session)
- Ages 4–5 + caregiver
- Limit 6 families
Full scholarships available for Warm Welcome Members
- Pre-registration at least 7 days in advance of program start-date.
- Kits for pre-registered families will be available for pick up at the Museum Store of Montshire Museum of Science 7 days prior to the program start date. If you are unable to pick up your kit, we can mail kits for a $15 shipping and handling fee.
- During the workshop, a Museum Educator will lead learners through activities via Zoom.
- Zoom links will be sent to registered participants a few days prior to the workshop.