M@H: Virtual Workshop Series is a multi-week virtual learning program, designed to engage learners in hands-on inquiry at home.
Participants each receive a kit of uniquely chosen materials and supplies that support weekly inquiry-based activities focused on a STEM content theme. Montshire Educators provide live, on-screen engagement, where children are encouraged to share in their learning process and make discoveries with fellow learners, as well as weekly activities and prompts for off-screen exploration and extension of learning.
Use mirrors as a fun science tool to experiment with reflections, angles and symmetry. Together, we’ll create everything from kaleidoscopes to periscopes. In the dark we’ll see how we can bounce light off of mirrors, explore shadows, and create our own mirrored toys.
- Tuesdays, January 5-26 (4-week workshop)
- Ages 6-8
- Limited to 6 participants
Reduced fee for Warm Welcome Members: $20
- Pre-registration at least 7 days in advance of program start-date.
- Kits for pre-registered families will be available for pick up at the Museum Store of Montshire Museum of Science 7 days prior to the program start date.If you are unable to pick up your kit, we can mail kits for a $15 shipping and handling fee.
- During the workshop, a Museum Educator will lead learners through activities via Zoom.
- Zoom links will be sent to registered participants a few days prior to the workshop.