Strategic Plan 2016-2020
The Montshire Museum of Science will engage people of all ages in experiencing the joy of science by maximizing opportunities for discovery for our primary and emerging audiences and elevating our outdoor experiences. To make this possible, we will need to strengthen our core base of operations and tell our story in new and exciting ways. We want to ensure that we continue building on our current level of success, remain relevant and responsive to our community, and pave the way for the Montshire’s future. We’ve been here for 40 years, and through the next four years we will develop and galvanize our operations to best serve our community for the next 40.
Maximize Opportunities for Discovery
- Focus on our core audience of families with children ages 8 and younger and develop new opportunities for families with children ages 9-14.
- Provide fresh experiences including new programs and rotating exhibits.
- Maintain PreK-8th grade school services and programming for teens and adults.
Elevate Our Outdoor Experience
- Map out a high-level master plan for our 100-acre landscape that focuses our outdoor experiences on “Discovery.”
- Build a network of community partners to collaborate on outdoor maintenance, management, and new educational programming.
Strengthen Our Core
- Design and implement a rolling, multi-year business plan that galvanizes internal operations.
- Develop and execute an improvement plan for amenities, infrastructure, staff capacity, funding, and facilities.
Tell Our Story
- Hone our brand identity and communications strategies.
- Deepen our community, regional, and national profile.
This Strategic Plan was approved by the Montshire Museum of Science Board of Trustees on September 19, 2016. Made possible with support from Lisa Cashdan and Peter Stein.