The Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich, Vermont, is a hands-on interactive science center with more than 150 exhibits on nature, technology, astronomy, and the physical sciences. Visiting exhibitions, educational programs, and special events are offered throughout the year. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas).
This Saturday, Celebrate a Day for Science with Free Admission and a Full Day of Activities
This Saturday, September 22, the Montshire Museum of Science will host a Day for Science, a community event that celebrates the importance of science. Enjoy a day packed with hands-on science activities for all ages. Admission is free and open to all members of the community!
At the Montshire, you can:
- Play a tune on a see-through piano, find out how an accordion works, rock out with friends, and make your own instruments at the recently-opened Making Music exhibition.
- Feed our leafcutter ants, weigh a moose antler, and check out a variety of reptiles and birds’ eggs at Discovering the Natural World.
- Create a bubble bigger than your head at Bubbles: Science in Soap or build a tower taller than you at Big Blue Blocks.
- Take in the beautiful Fall weather on one of our many nature trails. From the River Loop Trail to the Planet Walk, there’s a path for every skill level.
At the Montshire’s Day for Science, there’s sure to be an activity for the scientist inside everyone. Come visit for the first time, or come back and see what has changed.
Schedule of Activities
- Cabbage Juice Chemistry, 1:30pm at Science Discovery Lab
- Leafcutter Ants, 11am and 4pm at Discovering the Natural World exhibition
Lab Coat Investigation for Ages 9+
- Strawberry DNA Extraction, 2:30pm at Science Discovery Lab
Lab Activities for Young Children
- Mixing Colors, 10:30am and 3:30pm at Science Discovery Lab
- Mirrors and Reflection, 12:30pm at Science Discovery Lab
Tinkering Activities for All
- Electric Rubber Band Instruments, 2–3:30pm in the Making Music exhibition
- What’s Up in Tonight’s Sky, 1pm and 3pm in Meeting Room