We recommend a 2-3 hour visit (or more), and don't try to do everything on your first visit.
- Preview permanent and visiting exhibits and check the calendar for the schedule of activities.
- Outdoors, explore the trails with trailside exhibits, Woodland Garden, David Goudy Science Park, and the walking tour of the solar system.
- For families with children five and under, Andy's Place is a great place to start your visit.
- If you have questions or need assistance, look for a Montshire Explainer (the folks with the blue aprons), or anyone with a Montshire nametag. We're here to help!
- Before you leave, visit the Museum Store for an outstanding selection of books, toys, and gifts.
- View the Visitor Guide and calendar of events.
Some items to bring when you visit:
- Swimsuit, water shoes, sunscreen, and a towel for the water exhibits in Science Park (late spring through early fall).
- Comfortable walking shoes (or boots in the winter) for the trails, Woodland Garden, and Planet Walk.
- Camera: There are many great photo opportunities.
- Binoculars: Handy for observing birds and wildlife.
- Snacks and lunch if you wish to picnic. Picnic benches are located outdoors and in the Hughes Pavilion. Often, the Community Room is available for lunch during the fall, winter, and spring.The Montshire offers food service in the Hughes Pavilion during the summer.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions at 802-649-2200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.