We recommend starting with a 2-3 hour visit (or more). You'll find there is more than enough to experience in one visit, but you will get a good feel for the Montshire. Don't try to do everything on your first visit.
Use this website to see what exhibits might interest you and what activities are taking place. Remember, the Montshire is a 100-acre museum—explore the trails with trailside exhibits, a Woodland Garden, Science Park, and a walking tour of the solar system.
For families with children five and under, Andy's Place is a great place to start your visit.
If you have questions or need assistance, look for a Montshire Explainer (the folks with the blue aprons), or anyone with a Montshire nametag. We're here to help!
Before you leave, visit the Museum Store for an outstanding selection of books, toys, and gifts.
Some items to bring when you visit:
- Swimsuit, water shoes, sunscreen, and a towel for the water exhibits in Science Park (late spring through early fall).
- Comfortable walking shoes (or boots in the winter) for the trails, Woodland Garden, and planet walk.
- Camera: There are many great photo opportunities.
- Binoculars: Handy for observing birds and wildlife.
- Snacks and lunch if you wish to picnic. The Montshire offers food service in the Hughes Pavilion during the summer. There are picnic benches located outdoors and in the Hughes Pavilion. Often, the Community Room is available for lunch during the fall, winter, and spring.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions at 802-649-2200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.