2013 Benefit Auction
The Montshire Museum's 2013 Benefit Auction was a great success! Many thanks to all of our guests, sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
Mark your calendar now for next year's Benefit Auction—May 2, 2014!
My brother and sister-in-law from Illinois came to the Auction and had such a good time even though they knew no one except my husband and me. They chatted and laughed all night—a great friendly event. Deb Ashton
More than 300 guests bid on over 200 unique items and experiences, raising approximately $135,000 for the Montshire! View a slideshow of the evening.
All proceeds of the Montshire Benefit Auction support the Museum’s science education programs, which bring the joy of learning and discovery to thousands of children and families across Vermont and New Hampshire each year.
Highlights from the Auction menu
The 2013 Fiddlehead Fling will feature delicious hors d'oeuvres from Christophe Chef Services, a full bar served by Maple Street Catering, and truffles by My Brigadeiro.
Hors d’oeuvres from Christophe Chef Services
• Fresh Maine Crab & Mango Salsa on Pastry
• Chipotle Pulled Pork Bruschetta
• Lime Marinated Chicken Skewers with Lime Yogurt Sauce
• Enoki Mushrooms wrapped in Bacon
• Grilled Shrimp & Bay Scallops with Tomatillo Sauce
• Vegetable Frittata on Crostini with Parmesan
• Bruschetta of Blue Cheese, Toasted Pecans, Honey & Micro Greens
• Phyllo Cups with Black Beans & Queso Chihuahua
• Jalapeño Quesadilla with Vermont Crème Frâiche
• Vegetable Empanadas with a Spicy Smoked Tomato Sauce (vegan)
• Roasted Potatoes with Tapenade, Dill & Lemon Zest (vegan)
• Grilled Ginger Lime Carrots & Asparagus
• Gourmet Cheeses with Fruit and Baguette
• Smoked Salmon
• Italian Meats
Full Bar by Maple Street Catering
• Codorniu Cava
• Hogue Chardonnay
• Semaphore 7 Portuguese Red
• Fiddlehead IPA on draft
• Signature Cocktail sponsored by Von Bargen’s Jewelry
Truffles from My Brigadeiro
• Black and white
• Wicked hot