Camp for children entering grade 1 and 2
Outdoor Discovery Camp
This program is offered at two convenient sites—Norwich, Vermont, and Hanover, New Hampshire.
"He enjoyed coming every day. He loved the hikes, games, and counselors." -Montshire Outdoor Discovery Camp parent
Choose one, two, or three of the sessions of this popular nature program.
- Session A: Nature's Toolbox: Discover how plants and animals interact with and are adapted to their physical environment. We will develop tools to observe the world more closely.
- Session B: Who Lives Here? Explore different habitats and learn what makes them each unique. Find out who makes their home in the woods and meadows around our campsite.
- Session C: Water Worlds: Wade into ponds, streams and vernal pools to explore aquatic worlds and the life found there. (Only offered at the Hanover Site!)
Fee: Members: $280, non-members: $310 (*Camp the week of June 30 is Monday-Thursday only. Fee: Members: $224, non-members: $248)
You are invited to enroll in up to three weeks of Outdoor Discovery Camp, one week of each session. Sessions (A), (B), and (C) feature different activities.
Montshire Site9 a.m.–3 p.m.
|June 23-27||Session OM1A||Nature's Toolbox|
|June 30-July 3*||Session OM2B||Who Lives Here?|
|July 7-11||Session OM3A||Nature's Toolbox|
|July 14-18||Session OM4B||Who Lives Here?|
|July 21-25||Session OM5A||Nature's Toolbox|
|July 28 - August 1||Session OM6B||Who Lives Here?|
|August 4-8||Session OM7A||Nature's Toolbox|
|August 11-15||Session OM8B||Who Lives Here?|
Hanover Site8:45 a.m.–2:45 p.m.
|July 7-11||Session OH10C||Water Worlds|
|July 14-18||Session OH11C||Water Worlds|
|July 21-25||Session OH12C||Water Worlds|
"It gave our daughter a true experience out in nature, which is what we had hoped for." -Montshire Outdoor Discovery Camp parent
• Easy drop-off and pickup behind the Ray School
• Swimming and water play at Storrs Pond
• The rustic Colonial Cabin as a base camp