Field Trips and Workshops at the Museum
The Museum offers several popular options allowing you to customize your field trip experience to best meet your educational goals. A School Group Visit allows you and your students to explore the Museum’s many exhibits, inside and out. A visit of 1.5–2 hours allows students to explore exhibits at their own pace and interest levels. Museum Explainers are on hand to enrich the experience with special demonstrations during your visit.
View Montshire's visiting exhibition schedule.
Many teachers select to add an hour-long hands-on science workshop to fit their curricular needs through the Museum’s VisitPlus program. Our VisitPlus workshops are developed and taught by the Museum’s professional education staff. These model lessons incorporate the best in inquiry-based education practices and take advantage of the Museum’s extensive science teaching resources to help your students gain insight into the scientific process while building their scientific knowledge.
Looking to plan a visit? Please review our Preparing for Your Visit page for important information for group visits.
Fees for 2014/2015 School Year
|School Group Visit (without workshop)|
|September 2–December 19||$5.00/person|
|Winter Special: January 5–February 13||$2.00/person|
|March 2–May 1||$5.00/person|
|May 4–June 23||$7.00/person|
|Visit Plus Package (workshop and Museum admission)|
|September 2–December 19||$8.25||$5.00||$125|
|Winter Special: January 5–February 13||$6.00||$2.00||$85|
|March 2–May 1||$8.25||$5.00||$125|
|May 4–June 19||$9.00||$7.00||$125|
- VisitPlus minimum fee/class: $125 ($85 during Winter Special).
- School Group rates are not available during the following school break periods: December 20–January 4, February 16–27, April 13–24.
- All reservation requests, including online, will be confirmed based on availability.
- The Museum reserves the right to cancel or reschedule group reservations and programs due to outstanding circumstances.
- For more information please call 802-649-2200 (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.) or email email@example.com